Monday, January 22, 2018
- Our Mission Statement
The SNubber Users Group will strive to
improve the reliability and cost effectiveness of snubber programs at
nuclear power facilities. We will accomplish this by providing a forum for
the open exchange of technical information and ideas, by providing training opportunities, by serving as a primary source of input to ASME Code organizations, and by aggressively pursuing cost effective solutions to concerns and issues that impact the nuclear power industry.
- Our Objectives
To achieve our mission, the SNubber Users Group and its members will:
- Acquire and exchange information on the design,
manufacturing, maintenance, examination and testing of snubbers.
- Initiate and conduct workshops and other training
opportunities in order to promote consistency and maintain an industry
wide knowledge base in response to workforce reductions and organizational
- Address licensing issues related to snubbers and
disseminate information on codes, standards and regulations affecting
- Act as a liaison to the ASME Code organization by
providing information and feedback on code related issues.
- Develop and maintain a computerized database of
member's snubber information for use by SNUG members and to support
the efforts of SNUG as a whole.
- Utilize Working Groups as needed to address significant issues, report findings
and recommend actions to SNUG members as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with snubber
manufacturers, vendors and regulators.
In addition, the SNubber Users Group, with the approval of members, will:
- Serve as a technical information resource to
other nuclear electric industry organizations (e.g., EPRI, INPO, NEI) on
issues relative to snubbers.
- Provide the opportunity for members to interface and exchange technical information with representatives from companies providing snubber-related products and services to the nuclear industry.